Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
Mold can be a problem for any home or business. It can grow in hidden places, like walls and ceilings, and cause damage to your property. If you think you have mold, keep reading for tips on how to spot it and get rid of it.
Check Your Home for Mold
The first thing you should do is check your home for mold. Mold is often hidden inside walls and other areas that don't get much sunlight, so it's important to look carefully at these areas when you're checking for mold damage. Look for discoloration on walls or ceilings, and also check around windowsills and doorsills where water can collect.
If You Find Mold, Act Immediately
If you find mold in your home or office building, act immediately to prevent further damage. If you suspect that you have a mold infestation present in your home or business in Alamo Ranch, TX, give our SERVPRO of Alamo Ranch team a call as quickly as possible! Our team can quickly respond and inspect your property for water and mold damage. If damage is discovered, our team will take care of all the mold remediation.
Down below you can learn more about what to do and what not to do if you discover mold on your property.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (210) 670-9591
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Alamo Ranch for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Alamo Ranch has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
SERVPRO of Alamo Ranch proudly serves San Antonio, Alamo Ranch, and surrounding areas.